Search found 13 matches

by digitalronin
Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:54 am
Forum: Device Detection Issues
Topic: BlackBerry Playbook not being detected by latest db api
Replies: 2
Views: 3723

Re: BlackBerry Playbook not being detected by latest db api

Hi Elliot

Sorry, you're quite right. It turns out my test harness was using data from an older version of wurfl.xml

False alarm.

David
by digitalronin
Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:57 am
Forum: Device Detection Issues
Topic: BlackBerry Playbook not being detected by latest db api
Replies: 2
Views: 3723

BlackBerry Playbook not being detected by latest db api

This useragent string belongs to the BlackBerry Playbook; Mozilla/5.0 (PlayBook; U; RIM Tablet OS 2.1.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/536.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.2.1.0 Safari/536.2 You can confirm that via the explorer; http://www.tera-wurfl.com/explore/index.php?ua=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28PlayBook%3B+U%3B+R...
by digitalronin
Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:18 am
Forum: Database API
Topic: Documentation for new features in 1.5
Replies: 1
Views: 22429

Documentation for new features in 1.5

Hi there In Luca's blog post, he says; "The actual syntax to define a filter for the different APIs is explained in the respective documentations." Where would I find these explanations? Specifically, I'm interested in the DB API, the documentation for which looks pretty bare; http://wurfl.sourcefor...
by digitalronin
Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am
Forum: Database API
Topic: Database connection errors
Replies: 8
Views: 41227

Re: Database connection errors

I think we've found the problem. A security update to ruby included a change in how it hashes strings. We were using the hashing function to create unique server ids for our mysql instances. After the ruby update, it seems that string hashes are no longer consistent from one run to the next, so the ...
by digitalronin
Thu May 24, 2012 8:28 am
Forum: Database API
Topic: Database connection errors
Replies: 8
Views: 41227

Re: Database connection errors

Actually, although that seems to fix the DB connection problem, it also appears to slow things down so much that the system becomes unworkable. So, I've had to roll back that change.

David
by digitalronin
Thu May 24, 2012 7:44 am
Forum: Database API
Topic: Database connection errors
Replies: 8
Views: 41227

Re: Database connection errors

Hi Steve Neither of those changes seemed to help, but I did find something in a comment on the PHP docs; http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.close.php The mysqli_close() function and object method only remove the ability to use the mysql object again in the script, essentially on the surface only nu...
by digitalronin
Wed May 23, 2012 4:32 am
Forum: Database API
Topic: Database connection errors
Replies: 8
Views: 41227

Re: Database connection errors

Hi Steve Thanks, but unfortunately switching to the PDO connector doesn't help. Just as with the mysql connector, it works most of the time, but every so often I get a flurry of these errors; PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TeraWurflDatabaseException' with message 'Cannot connect to database: S...
by digitalronin
Tue May 22, 2012 4:17 am
Forum: Database API
Topic: Database connection errors
Replies: 8
Views: 41227

Database connection errors

Hi there I've just updated to the 1.4 API. Mostly, it's working fine, but every so often (maybe every 15 minutes or so) I get a flurry of these errors; PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TeraWurflDatabaseException' with message 'Cannot connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server throu...
by digitalronin
Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:02 am
Forum: Device Detection Issues
Topic: Tweaking 1.4 DB API to get device rather than capabilities
Replies: 3
Views: 6786

Re: Tweaking 1.4 DB API to get device rather than capabiliti

Thanks, guys. I'll give that a try and get back to you.

David
by digitalronin
Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:57 am
Forum: Device Detection Issues
Topic: Tweaking 1.4 DB API to get device rather than capabilities
Replies: 3
Views: 6786

Tweaking 1.4 DB API to get device rather than capabilities

It seems the new 1.4 API has changed focus a bit. Any useragent that contains "UNTRUSTED 1/0" is now being picked recognised via the generic java midlet matcher. I'm a lot more interested in identifying the underlying physical device, regardless of what software the user is currently browsing with (...
by digitalronin
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:46 am
Forum: Database API
Topic: Endless loop if fallback device is missing
Replies: 2
Views: 32449

Endless loop if fallback device is missing

I have a patch file containing useragents that I see which are not in WURFL. These useragents are created by an app. running on the device, so they are only relevant to my own system, and hence not worth contributing to WURFL. Each of these "synthetic" useragents needs a unique WURFL ID, and a fallb...
by digitalronin
Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm
Forum: Device Detection Issues
Topic: Caching & returning different device ID
Replies: 3
Views: 4864

Re: Caching & returning different device ID

Hi Steve Weird - it's not doing it anymore - I'm getting that useragent recognised as dell_streak_7_ver1 now, with an empty cache table. The only change I made that could be relevant is to update to the latest wurfl.xml, which I did after I made my original post. Sorry about that - false alarm. Stil...
by digitalronin
Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:31 am
Forum: Device Detection Issues
Topic: Caching & returning different device ID
Replies: 3
Views: 4864

Caching & returning different device ID

Hi Steve & Luca I'm working on some regression tests, using the code formerly known as TeraWURFL, and seeing a bit of odd behaviour wrt. caching. If I empty the cache table, and try to recognise this useragent; Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; ko-KR; Dell Streak) I get the device ID: dell_strea...