NuGet problems and missing signature

IgorDR

NuGet problems and missing signature

Postby IgorDR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 am

I installed WURFL using NuGet for Visual Studio 2012, but I discovered a first problem:
The installed Wurfl.Aspnet.Extensions.dll version is 1.4.3.0, but in the web.config a worng entry was automatically written

Code: Select all

<section name="wurfl" type="WURFL.Aspnet.Extensions.Config.WURFLConfigurationSection, Wurfl.Aspnet.Extensions, Version=1.4.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=816aeec277aa13b9" />
After downloading the library directly from scientiamobile site, I found that the WurflExplorer sample correctly uses in web.config

<section name="wurfl" type="WURFL.Aspnet.Extensions.Config.WURFLConfigurationSection, Wurfl.Aspnet.Extensions, Version=1.4.3.0, Culture=neutral" />
Unfortunately this opens a second problem...
On my PC all works, but on my remote site not. That's because my host provider doesn't support partially trusted callers and doesn't allow me to change the trust level of the web site. The missing PublicKeyToken is the problem.
Which is the PublicKeyToken of version 1.4.3.0?
I tried the same of 1.4.1.0 but it doesn' work.
I was not able to find the 1.4.1.0 version of Wurfl.Aspnet.Extensions.dll on this site, because the 1.4.1.0 version of wurfl ships with 1.4.0.0 version of Wurfl.Aspnet.Extensions.dll and the 1.4.2.0 version of wurfl ships with 1.4.2.0 version of Wurfl.Aspnet.Extensions.dll

Thanks for any help

IgorDR

Re: NuGet problems and missing signature

Postby IgorDR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:35 am

Post update
I downloaded and installed the NuGet 1.4.1.0 version that has the correct DLLs and signatures.
But this doesn't solve the problem when the hosting provider uses

trust level="Medium"
The following error is returned when I deploy on the hosting provider

System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

despos

Postby despos » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 am

The public key token is the same as version 1.4.1 as it depends on the key used to sign assemblies. Add this to the file name and it should work:

PublicKeyToken=816aeec277aa13b9

IgorDR

Postby IgorDR » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 am

I tried but it doesn't work, the problem is not the key.
It is really easy to reproduce, take WurflExplorer sample, add in web.config

<trust level="Medium"/>
and you'll get the SecurityException.

The medium trust level is largely used by hosting providers and they do not let their users to change it.

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:26 am

Igor, we are planning to create a package with lower trust level and ask you to try it on your ISP to confirm that it works.

Thank you for your cooperation