The Free version of API is not working with .NET 2.0

virendrad

The Free version of API is not working with .NET 2.0

Postby virendrad » Tue May 26, 2015 1:48 am

Hi,

Before trying my hands on the standard version, I was just playing with free version of .NET API. The free version is working fine if I am making a separate web site in visual studio with my localhost url but when I am trying to integrate it my other website which doesn't run on local host, it gives me following error.

Error getting value from 'ServerVersion' on 'ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Cache.CookieContent'

Few queries:
1. Does the free version works only with localhost URL? like http://localhost:62133/ScientiaMobileTesting/. AS it doesn't work if I am using a different host name?
2. I was using the old version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll and I have replaced it with the version present in Zip file (Downloaded from your website). Is this the problem? Since it is working with localhost but on my actual website.

Thanks.

virendrad

Re: The Free version of API is not working with .NET 2.0

Postby virendrad » Tue May 26, 2015 1:51 am

Here is the exception stack trace...

ERROR: Error getting value from 'ServerVersion' on 'ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Cache.CookieContent'.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.ReflectionValueProvider.GetValue(Object target)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContract collectionValueContract)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObject(Object value, Formatting formatting, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Cache.CookieWurflCloudCache.SetDevice(HttpContext context, DeviceInfo device)
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Http.CloudClient.ProcessWebResponse(HttpContext context, WebResponse response, String overriddenUserAgent)
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Http.CloudClient.SendRequest(HttpContext context, String url, Boolean uaMayBeDifferent)
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.CloudClientManager.GetDeviceInfo(HttpContext context)
Inner Exception: ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Cache.CookieContent.get_ServerVersion()
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.PerformSecurityCheck(Object obj, RuntimeMethodHandle method, IntPtr parent, UInt32 invocationFlags)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ReflectionUtils.GetMemberValue(MemberInfo member, Object target)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.ReflectionValueProvider.GetValue(Object target)

I don't know if its the problem with your API or the newtonSoft.json.dll . Also in the documentation, it's not mentioned to add this as reference. I am sure its required, but documentation is silent about it.

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Tue May 26, 2015 9:57 am

Hello,

The free version of the WURFL cloud service will work with other host names. Our engineering team is currently looking into this issue. Are you able to provide a code sample to show how you are configuring the cloud client as well?

Thank you,

Elliot

virendrad

Postby virendrad » Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 am

Hi Elliot,

Here is the code.

Code: Select all

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

using ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud;
using ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Config;
using ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Device;

/// <summary>
/// Summary description for DeviceCapabilities
/// </summary>
public class DeviceCapabilities
{
    public void GetDataByRequest(HttpContext context)
    {
        DefaultCloudClientConfig objCloudConfig = new DefaultCloudClientConfig(c_sAPIKey, false);
        CloudClientManager objCloudManager = new CloudClientManager(objCloudConfig);
        DeviceInfo objDevice = objCloudManager.GetDeviceInfo(context);
        m_DeviceInfo = objDevice;
    }

public string IsTablet()
    {
        return m_DeviceInfo.Get("is_tablet");
    }

public DeviceInfo DeviceInfo
    {
        get { return m_DeviceInfo; }
        set { m_DeviceInfo = value; }
    }

#region Variable
    public DeviceInfo m_DeviceInfo = null;
    public const string c_sAPIKey = "XXXXXX:BlahBlahBlah";

#endregion
}
I have replaced the API key with some random value.

virendrad

Postby virendrad » Wed May 27, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi Elliot,

Can you please update me on this ASAP as its urgent.

Thanks,
Virendra

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Thu May 28, 2015 9:05 am

Hello,

We are currently looking into this issue and I will let you know as soon as we have an update.

Thank you,

Elliot

virendrad

Postby virendrad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:57 am

Hi Elliot,

Let me know how much time this is going to take. As my client is also pushing it hard for the same. If it is going to take more time then I may need to look for other options.

Thanks,
Virendra

despos

Postby despos » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:43 pm

It seems a plain error while the API attempts to deserialize the JSON content of the cookie being issued by the cloud API. Deserialization is done via Newtonsoft.JSON and to my best knowledge that's the main difference between the API for .NET 2 and .NET 4. You mention some replacement you did on that DLL. That could be one aspect to further investigate or it could be that -- for some reason -- the cookie was found created with a previous version that could not be any longer deserialized. Have you tried clearing all cookies for the domain?

virendrad

Postby virendrad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:35 pm

Well, initially I also thought the same and tried many times via clearing cookie but still no success. I also think it is something to do with NEWSOFT.JSON.dll.

support-all

Postby support-all » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:43 am

Hi virendrad,

It seems that the library (Newtonsoft.Json), for some reasons, is not able to SERIALIZE the cookie structure relative only to server version info.
Can you please delete any reference to NewtonSoft.Json and run a clean application with another browser? (also the default browser - page inspector - is well if you are using visual studio).
If the problem persists I'll give you another recompiled dll.

Beppe

support-all

Postby support-all » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:16 am

Hi virendrad,
in any case I suggest you to download the new version (1.2.0.0) of cloud client dll.
The great news is that project is now freely available at https://github.com/WURFL/wurfl-cloud-client-dotnet.
You can also directly download only the new dll through NUGET.

Cheers

Beppe