is_tablet and WURFL Customizer

The API formerly known as Tera-WURFL
jukooz

is_tablet and WURFL Customizer

Postby jukooz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 am

Hello,

I get an error when trying to update database:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 38 bytes) in .../UserAgentUtils.php on line 317
I read here that I should customize my WURFL file or copy database from another location.

I tried copying the database, but can't make it to work. Don't know why. After copying, Tera-WURFL test script does not show any capabilities (does not even show processing time).

So would like to customize my wurfl file and only capabilities I need are:
is_wireless_device and
is_tablet

But I don't see is_tablet in the WURFL customizer. How could I customize it? Would

Code: Select all

public static $CAPABILITY_FILTER = array(
"is_wireless_device",
"is_tablet",
);
work similarly for me?

EDIT: I tried changing $CAPABILITY_FILTER and it seems to work (at least allowed me to update database and works in test script).

Regards,
jukooz

kamermans

Re: is_tablet and WURFL Customizer

Postby kamermans » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 am

Hi jukooz,

The $CAPABILITY_FILTER setting should considerably decrease memory usage while loading the WURFL data in fairly recent versions of the API, so I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. In older versions of the API, the entire WURFL file was preloaded before processing, and in some cases this resulted in memory problems.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!