Fatal Error after mysql/php upgrade

The API formerly known as Tera-WURFL
BMCadvertising

Fatal Error after mysql/php upgrade

Postby BMCadvertising » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:29 am

Hey there,

I recently ran into an error after updating a few things on the server. The api wasn't working, so I tried to update the database using the local xml file, and I received this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error in DB RIS Query: Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted. Query: CALL TeraWurfl_RIS('\'A*1\'6J',7,'CatchAll') ' in /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php:125 Stack trace: #0 /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/UserAgentMatchers/UserAgentMatcher.php(98): TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5->getDeviceFromUA_RIS(''A*1'6J', 7, Object(CatchAllUserAgentMatcher)) #1 /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/UserAgentMatchers/CatchAllUserAgentMatcher.php(63): UserAgentMatcher->risMatch(7) #2 /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/TeraWurfl.php(506): CatchAllUserAgentMatcher->applyConclusiveMatch(Object(TeraWurflHttpRequest)) #3 /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/TeraWurfl.php(235): TeraWurfl->getDeviceIDFromRequestLoose() #4 /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/TeraWurfl.php(191): TeraWurfl->getDeviceCapabilitiesFromRequest(Array) #5 /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.p in /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php on line 125

Have you run into this before? I'm a bit of a novice programmer, so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks a bunch for the help,
Jayson

BMCadvertising

Re: Fatal Error after mysql/php upgrade

Postby BMCadvertising » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Still haven't heard anything on this topic...a simpler first question may be is this compatible with mysql 5.5?

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:07 am

The library is indeed compatible with MySQL 5.5. I'm guessing you upgraded MySQL from 5.1 to 5.5 and didn't run the mysql_upgrade script, which upgrades your tables (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/ ... grade.html). In any case, you should reload the local WURFL file, then all the tables will be created. You can do this from the command line in the admin/ dir like this: "php cmd_line_admin.php --clearCache --update=local"
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

BMCadvertising

Postby BMCadvertising » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 am

Thanks for the help, but still running into the same issue. You are correct about the upgrade we did, but we did run updates on all our tables. I also just tried to re-install the whole DB from scratch, and am running into the same error (fatal error....TeraWurfl->getDeviceCapabilitiesFr in /home/admin/public_html/Tera-Wurfl15/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php on line 125).

This is the database version we're now using if that helps:
5.5.32-cll - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Any other thoughts?

Jayson

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:21 am

Perhaps your mysql user does not have permission to drop, create and call stored procedures? As a workaround you can use the MySQL4 database adapter, which does not use stored procs until you solve the problem.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

BMCadvertising

Postby BMCadvertising » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:27 am

Ok...I have a ticket open with my server provider, so we'll see if they know anything about that error...all the permissions and everything should be fine because it was working properly before the update, and we duplicated everything. It actually appears it's leaving an open mysql connection every time I attempt to run anything associated with the wurfl files (prob cause it doesn't complete the code).

Is there something special I would do with the code to implement your mysql 4 adapter solution?

Thanks so much for the help,
Jayson

BMCadvertising

Postby BMCadvertising » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

After quite a bit of back and forth, we got it fixed...thanks for the suggestions though...appreciate it.

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Was the solution related to the DB API database in MySQL, or was there some other factor we had not considered?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile