What plan to take ?

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
stefan66

What plan to take ?

Postby stefan66 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:47 am

Hi,

we are a startup cy and although very small (2 persons) we do have DEV/ACC/UAT/PROD environments.

I saw your plans have limitations on the number of IP addresses.

We are interested in the BASIC plan as we only need some capabilities to test and as a startup we do not yet have a large customer base (so low nbr of detections).

Now the BASIC plan allows only 1 IP. How should that work ?

I will install the client on my DEV pc, and later on to ACC/UAT and eventually PROD server(s).

This means different IP addresses (localhost, 192.168.x.x., UAT IP, PROD IP).

Does it mean I need to buy the PREMIUM service or is the IP limitation only for PROD environments ?

Regards,

S.

kamermans

Re: What plan to take ?

Postby kamermans » Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 am

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WURFL Cloud. The IP limitation is for production, public-facing servers only, so you are welcome to install and use the client in as many non-production environments as you'd like, in addition to your production server.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

joshfitz

Postby joshfitz » Mon May 14, 2012 9:41 am

Along those same lines: if we have our Production site hosted on a 3 server web farm, with one public-facing virtual IP (VIP), does this count as one IP or three IPs according to the licensing?

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 am

Technically, this is just one IP, but if you have 3 servers sharing the load of your site, you will probably need one of the larger plans that comes with multiple IPs anyway :)
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!