Your server is not able to access WURFL Cloud.

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
apascal

Your server is not able to access WURFL Cloud.

Postby apascal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:05 pm

hi,

I was able to install the Cloud service without any trouble for one of my sites; however, I can not make it work on another website being hosted on the same server....the only difference between these 2 sites is that the one where the wurfl cloud service works has a dedicated IP, the one site where the cloud service does not work shares its IP with other websites I host.

I guess my question is, is a dedicated IP a must have in order to use the Cloud Service? and if it is not, could you please point me in the right direction?

I have a separate API key for each but I can not find what the problem is.

Below what the Compatibility Test Script shows:

"PHP
You version of PHP (5.3.13) is compatible with WURFL Cloud.
WURFL Cloud Service
Your server is not able to access WURFL Cloud. It's possible that your DNS server is slow to respond. Please refresh this page to verify."

I am using the $10 usd/month plan which is how I obtained the API key(s).

many thanks,
andres

kamermans

Re: Your server is not able to access WURFL Cloud.

Postby kamermans » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:50 am

Hi Andres,

Our main support team won't be online for another few hours, but I can help in the meantime.

A dedicated server is not required, however, in some shared hosting environments, there are additional PHP restrictions.

Can you check the PHP error log on the server with the issues?

Also, can you ping from your server to api.wurflcloud.com to see what kind of latency we're working with?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:34 am

I see you have two Basic accounts - the first one has some detections, so I can tell it has been in use. The second account has no detections, which coincides with your issue; in this case the problem is that there are no capabilities defined on the second account. I have added the is_tablet capability to this account for testing, and I am able to confirm that it is working. Can you setup your capabilities on that account and verify that it's working properly?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

apascal

Postby apascal » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:28 pm

hi Steve,

Many thanks, I think it was the lack of capabilities where the problem was. It is working fine now...I should finish my integration for this account today.
I appreciate your support and have to say the wurfl is terrific. thanks again.

Andres