DLL conflict in .Net API

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
BenjBayfield

DLL conflict in .Net API

Postby BenjBayfield » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:33 am

I have a CMS installed which uses the .Net 3.5 Framework, and already has a dependency on Newtonsoft.Json.dll

The .Net 3.5 API from ScientiaMobile also has a dependency on Newtonsoft.Json.dll, but on a newer version. As I can't install both DLLs within the application, I tried setting the ScientiaMobile .Net API within a web service, but the API relies on the HttpContext object which can't be serialized, so that won't work.

I can't get the Cloud Service to work as it stands - is there a workaround?

kamermans

Re: DLL conflict in .Net API

Postby kamermans » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:01 pm

We are looking into the situation for you. In the meantime, would you mind telling us which CMS you're using?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:23 pm

It looks like the only practical solution is to compile our client with a different version of the JSON DLL. Can you send us the Newtonsoft.Json.dll that your CMS is using to support@[our domain name], or tell me how to obtain that DLL, so we can figure out how to proceed?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

BenjBayfield

Postby BenjBayfield » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:29 am

Thanks - I've sent you our DLL, version 3.5.0.0

Our CMS is Sitecore version 6.5.0 on .Net 3.5

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

We created a custom build of the DLL for you, but your spam filter is bouncing us. Please advise on alternative ways to send you the DLL

Thanks