Usage stats anomaly

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
Ekariallp

Usage stats anomaly

Postby Ekariallp » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Hey, I'm hoping you can help me with a question/problem. We got an insane spike of detections used during a period on April 17th. We're normally around 1k, but we hit 70k detections for an hour around 17:00 (not sure what time zone the usage graph reports on).

We've also got web analytics and other tracking on our site, none of which recorded any kind of spike like that, leading me to believe it was a wurfl cloud service issue. I'm not concerned about the billing aspect as we won't use up our detections for the period, but it is really messing up the reporting I need to provide. Before I go ahead and manually edit the report data, is there any way to verify that this was indeed some kind of glitch?

Thanks!

kamermans

Re: Usage stats anomaly

Postby kamermans » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am

Hi, I am looking into your issue right now.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi,

The culprit is "Xenu Link Sleuth", which caused 129899 detections. I have removed these detections from your history, so they will not be counted against you.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

Ekariallp

Postby Ekariallp » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Interesting... I'll have to see if someone is using that tool internally, and why that doesn't appear on any of my other reports.

Thanks for researching!