API returns different result from test query on website

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
epbarger

API returns different result from test query on website

Postby epbarger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 am

I'm having some issues getting correct results from the Ruby API. For example, this string

Code: Select all

"Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25"
returns as Apple iPhone on the test form here - http://tools.scientiamobile.com/?user-a ... ri/8536.25. However, when I query this string using the ruby api, generic mobile is returned. Any idea why this is?

sm_support2

Re: API returns different result from test query on website

Postby sm_support2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:39 am

Would it be possible to see your code? Are you sure that the UA string isn't being modified in any way?

thanks

epbarger

Postby epbarger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:23 am

My previous post seems to have disappeared for me, but it seems you're right. When I input the UA string directly into the hash I'm sending the Cloud returns the correct result. However when I take the input from a parameter in the browser, it fails, even though it's being escaped correctly. Needless to say I guess the API is fine, but do you have any idea what may be causing this?

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:36 pm

epbarger wrote:My previous post seems to have disappeared for me, but it seems you're right. When I input the UA string directly into the hash I'm sending the Cloud returns the correct result. However when I take the input from a parameter in the browser, it fails, even though it's being escaped correctly. Needless to say I guess the API is fine, but do you have any idea what may be causing this?
Are you familiar with tools such as WireSharkto analyze snooped traffic? (tcpdump for example).

Looking at the actual UA string sent to the cloud may reveal a thing or two about what is going wrong for you...

dhayward

Postby dhayward » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:59 am

I having the same issue

The test page says my phone is a "LG H815 (G4)" which is correct but when I go through the Perl API and I get device as Generic.

Test page link: http://tools.scientiamobile.com/?user-a ... i%2F537.36

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. This issue is now corrected and you should see the correct device ID for this User Agent.

Thank you,

Elliot