"Low-Fi" Version of Cloud Capabilities Page?

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
robertf

"Low-Fi" Version of Cloud Capabilities Page?

Postby robertf » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Do you have a "low-fi" version of the Cloud Capabilities page? What I'm looking for is a page that lists all of the capabilities with a checkbox next to each one. The user could just check a checkbox next to each capability they want and when they click a Submit button, they'd show up in their capabilities list (or show an appropriate error).

I work on the road frequently and access your site via Verizon's 3G network. I have to say that I find this page almost unusable because it's so slow. Often times I have to close the page, re-open it, and re-type my search criteria because the page won't respond. It's getting to the point that where I'm ready to try out your competitor (DA) because I it's so difficult to change my capabilities.

Thanks.

kamermans

Re: "Low-Fi" Version of Cloud Capabilities Page?

Postby kamermans » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Sorry about the trouble, but we do not have plans for a low-end version of this page since it is unlikely that you will need to visit often. Once your capabilities are selected you should be all set.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

robertf

Postby robertf » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:33 am

OK, I understand. I see your point and was half-expecting that would be the answer. However, I should tell you that, from a user's perspective, when I see this page being so unresponsive, it plants a a little kernel of doubt in my mind about the service as a whole. I start to wonder, "What if the actual UA lookup is this slow too? What effect will that have on my customers and my business? Do I really want to build my business on a service that may sometimes be this slow?" Of course, maybe that's just me. Personally, I think it's a cool way to be able to change one's capabilities. However, if your business's value proposition partly hinges on speed, every aspect of your website should reinforce that notion of speed and instant responsiveness, including the Cloud Capabilities page. It's just something to think about. In any event, thanks for answering my question.

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm

I do see your point that this page could be improved, but I can assure you that our time was spent on our infrastructure and underlying code, and I think that was a more important investment. We do, of course, want to provide the best experience that we can, as is evident by our recently redesigned website. The cloud control panel will get a facelift as well, but it's a matter of priority. You are, of course, free to assume our service is sub par and go to a competitor, but I'm sure you will quickly realize the value that we provide with the WURFL Cloud Service.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!