Cisco F5 integration

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
rexmundo

Cisco F5 integration

Postby rexmundo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:44 am

Hi
We currently have a wurfl subscription and we would like to use it in order to redirect mobile traffic to a mobile specific site.
Our infrastructure is made up of an F5 loadbalancing device (cisco) an Apache server, and a PHP backend website.

Ideally we'd like to integrate the F5 device with the WURFL cloud. Is it possible? Any example config/code?
If not, would access through the PHP API be the best option?

Many thanks!

kamermans

Re: Cisco F5 integration

Postby kamermans » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 am

Hi,

We don't currently offer WURFL Cloud integration for load balancers since the latency of a cloud service would undermine the performance of your network hardware. I would recommend look at the WURFL InFuze product for Apache, which is an Apache module, installed locally, that provides device detection without needing to make requests to the cloud.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

rexmundo

Postby rexmundo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:19 am

kamermans wrote:Hi,

We don't currently offer WURFL Cloud integration for load balancers since the latency of a cloud service would undermine the performance of your network hardware. I would recommend look at the WURFL InFuze product for Apache, which is an Apache module, installed locally, that provides device detection without needing to make requests to the cloud.
hmm there is integration with Stingrays (riverbed) so I assumed there would be something similar for F5's.
Apache is not really an option.. Would we be able to use the cloud client API within the PHP website? Would it have a performance impact? Does the API not include any caching functionality?

many thanks.

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:27 am

The Stingray integration is done with our standalone Java API, which does not use the cloud service (this is also a third-party integration, btw). You can definitely use the WURFL Cloud service or the standalone PHP API (called WURFL OnSite) in your website itself. My point about performance was related to the fact that you wouldn't want your load balancer the be held up making requests to our cloud service. We do include caching in all of our APIs so subsequent requests will be answered from cache.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

rexmundo

Postby rexmundo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks for your response..

A bit confused because as far as I know we've bought a premier license for WURFL cloud, not any of the standalone client licenses. Does the WURFL cloud premier license include access to the standalone clients?

thanks

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:08 am

rexmundo wrote:Thanks for your response..

A bit confused because as far as I know we've bought a premier license for WURFL cloud, not any of the standalone client licenses. Does the WURFL cloud premier license include access to the standalone clients?
Yes, Cloud users can integrate the Cloud Client code relatively freely. The Cloud-client code comes with a proprietary license, but still a very liberal one.

Thanks

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Does the WURFL cloud premier license include access to the standalone clients?
A WURFL Cloud license entitles you to the WURFL Cloud service and related WURFL Cloud Client libraries, but it does not include access to our standalone products (WURFL OnSite and WURFL InFuze).
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile