IP and Domain limit

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
Ronan

IP and Domain limit

Postby Ronan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 am

Hi,

I am testing out the free WURFL Cloud service and am wondering about the IP and domain limit on the different product types. In our development environment we have a few testing server setups that would all need to be able to run on the one account. I have noticed that even on the free account that states a limit of 1 IP and 1 domain it is working ok on my local testing server and on a live staging server. Does anyone know why this is working for me? I would have though i could only test from one server? Ideally we would need 5 or more servers connecting during testing which from my understanding would mean that we would only have the option of the Premium WURFL Cloud service?

Thanks!

kamermans

Re: IP and Domain limit

Postby kamermans » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:27 pm

The idea is that traffic can only come consistently from one IP, but bursty or low traffic is not checked thoroughly since it is not representative of the average traffic. If you are using a free account within the limits, I believe you would run out of detections before you could generate enough traffic to trigger some sort of IP warning.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

Ronan

Re: IP and Domain limit

Postby Ronan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:36 am

Ok, thanks for the help!