Given key not present in dictionary

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
walkeragency

Given key not present in dictionary

Postby walkeragency » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:00 am

Hi,

Last night we had 2 websites go down belonging to different clients. Today we now have to tell them what happened, why and what we're going to do about it.

Both sites were raising the same exception:

The given key was not present in the dictionary
Exception type: KeyNotFoundException
Exception message: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Http.CloudClient.EnsureUserAgent(String userAgent)
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.Http.CloudClient.InitializeRequest(HttpContext context, String userAgent, Dictionary`2 reqParams)
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.CloudClientManager.DetectDevice(HttpContext context, String userAgent, Dictionary`2 reqParams, String[] capabilities, Boolean uaMayBeDifferent)
at ScientiaMobile.WurflCloud.CloudClientManager.GetDeviceInfo(HttpContext context, String[] capabilities)

I've noticed this is logged as a warning in the Event Viewer of both servers and that this exception has been common for months. Sometimes there seems to be hundreds over the course of a few hours and other times only a few a day. Either way, it's a common issue that's been happening on and off for as long as we've been using the service.

Servers: Windows
Framework: ASP.NET 4/4.5
Scientia: WURFL Cloud (one site Base, one Standard)

Elliotfehr

Re: Given key not present in dictionary

Postby Elliotfehr » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:56 am

Hello,

I have just uploaded an updated copy of the .NET cloud client to your file manager on scientiamobile.com. Are able to let me know if the same error is persisting after upgrading?

Thank you,

Elliot