Single licence vs OEM license

Questions about licensing of ScientiaMobile products
sm_support2

Single licence vs OEM license

Postby sm_support2 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi,

My company wants to integrate the WURFL API in our product.

How do I know whether I need a Single License or an OEM License for my site/service?

Best Regards

Joaquin

sm_support2

Re: Single licence vs OEM license

Postby sm_support2 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Hello Joaquin,

we advise that you contact us through this form http://www.scientiamobile.com/site/LicenseInquiry or you can send us an email at sales @ scientiamobile dot com.

As a general rule, If all you need WURFL for is a simple company mobile site that only offers non-mobile services to end-users, then the Single license is probably enough.
On the other hand, if your company is providing mobile services, the key question you should ask yourself is: 'Do customers of my WURFL-based service still need WURFL for their mobile site?'. If the answer is yes, than a Single license is probably OK. If the answer is no, then you probably need an OEM license.
For example, a CMS service which lets customers build mobile websites would obviously remove the need for those customers to obtain a separate WURFL license. In that case, the CMS vendor will need to acquire an OEM license with enough 'authorized user' seats to cover all its customers.
On the other hand, an Ad Network which serves banners in different sizes to the mobile sites of customers around the globe, might walk away with the Single license, because those customers will still need a DDR for their sites independently of the Ad Network, so they may choose to adopt WURFL.

Thank you

Edit: As of 7/25/2016 ScientiaMobile no longer uses AGPL or any other Open Source licensing. Please refer to http://www.scientiamobile.com/page/get- ... elease-1-8 for more information or contact sales.