What licence(s) do we need?

Questions about licensing of ScientiaMobile products
Jaggeh

What licence(s) do we need?

Postby Jaggeh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:39 am

Hi,

I work for an ad agency and most of our clients sites implement device detection. Most were originally using 51 Degrees mobile (free) but it's come to our attention that many sites are now not detecting newer devices.

After a little digging I see the licencing as changed - this is not a problem, we'll happily use the newer WURFL DB with the standard API - it's just now I'm not sure what licence(s) are required.

We have multiple clients. Each has multiple sites. These vary from typical company sites and e-commerce solutions to facebook apps and campaign/competition sites. I was looking at the OEM licence but we don't offer hosted services and don't create our own products - which seems to be what this licence is for. There also seems to be a large discrepancy in price between the cloud solution and the on-site. Is the main difference just where the detection processing is handled (server vs cloud)?

All we want is to be able to detect the device on websites :) Any advice?

Many thanks,
Jude

sm_support2

Re: What licence(s) do we need?

Postby sm_support2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:21 am

Hello Jude,

please fill in a license form below:

http://www.scientiamobile.com/license

Someone from our team will contact you to discuss your situation and find a licensing model that best fits your needs.

Thanks

Edit: As of 7/25/16 ScientiaMobile no longer uses AGPL or any other Open Source licensing. Please refer to http://www.scientiamobile.com/page/get- ... elease-1-8 for more information or contact sales.

Jaggeh

Re: What licence(s) do we need?

Postby Jaggeh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:39 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'll do that now.