When the newest API 1.4 will be release?

Ask... and you may receive!
simons

When the newest API 1.4 will be release?

Postby simons » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:12 am

I got the following email:
"...In preparation for the release of version 1.4 of the WURFL API, we have merged the so-called WURFL Web Patch file (web_browsers_patch.xml) into the big WURFL.
With the new release of the WURFL API, it will be possible to use WURFL also to serve websites with mixed web/mobile traffic. While this was possible before, the new API will manage mixed web and mobile traffic more efficiently both in terms of speed and memory consumption.
In this context, integrating the web patch into the big WURFL was the obvious choice. If you are deploying the WEB Patch file today, you can remove it (unless you were running a modified version of the patch. In that case we advise that you keep the patch and simply remove the parts that are contained in the standard patch).
We do not expect this change to negatively impact your application in any way. Having said this, if you experience any problems with the latest weekly WURFL snapshot, please report it to us and we will be happy to assist.

Thank you

Luca Passani
CTO@ScientiaMobile"

Do you know where I can found the last API 1.4-SNAPSHOT and when is going to be release the final version?

Thanks,
Simon

luca.passani

Re: When the newest API 1.4 will be release?

Postby luca.passani » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Simon, please send me an email offline (luca at scientiamobile ....) and I will share version 1.4 release candidate with you.

We are finalizing the port of other platforms (PHP, .NET, C++) and working on the packaging, so we are days away from the official release.

Thank you

Luca