Direct download links

Ask... and you may receive!
zedge

Direct download links

Postby zedge » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:16 am

Back when the wurfl-latest.zip file was available from sourceforge, we had a script which auto-upgraded some of our servers when a new snapshot was available. When we found out about the direct download link available to paying customers we tried switching to that url in the script, but it does not work as intended because the if-modified-since header is not supported. Could you please add support for this header?

kamermans

Re: Direct download links

Postby kamermans » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks for the feature request. We have implemented both the Last-Modified/If-Modified-Since header and Etag/If-None-Match headers. Please confirm that your script is working properly.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

zedge

Postby zedge » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:15 am

The headers are valid, but the direct download link reports Last-Modified: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:46:35 GMT even when there is a snapshot from the 16th.

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:54 am

I was able to reproduce your issue. It was due to a caching issue that was still pointing you to the cached WURFL file from last week. I've corrected the code, so all should be well. Also, you should note that the WURFL file is created the first time you access the download URL after a new WURFL is available, so, for example, if you used the URL today, for the first time this week, your licensed version of the WURFL would be created and cached right now, and the Last-Modified will reflect that:

Code: Select all

Last-Modified: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:43:21 GMT
Etag: f5877dd0d025bd866923c38b8079b7b7
Also, the Etag is implemented properly, so you can alternatively send the If-None-Match header.

Please let me know if you're having any further issues!
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

Jewel

Postby Jewel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks for this information, I found it quite helpful!