Invalid data

Are you absolutely, positively sure that your question does not fit anywhere else?
alan.leech

Invalid data

Postby alan.leech » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:04 am

Hi,

There's some invalid data in the latest WURFL.xml.
The device 'huawei_kiw_tl00h_ver1' has physical_screen_width listed as 6.9, which isn't an integer!

Also, is this the right place to report problems like this?

Cheers,
Alan

Elliotfehr

Re: Invalid data

Postby Elliotfehr » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:46 am

Alan,

Thank you for letting us know. We have corrected this capability's value, which we will make available in our next weekly wurfl.xml release. If you would like, I can send you an out-of-band snapshot with the corrected capability?

Thank you,

Elliot

alan.leech

Postby alan.leech » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:36 am

Hi Elliot

Thanks for the offer of the out-of-band - it's not critical that we have any given week's data, so I'm happy to wait for the next release at the weekend.

Cheers,
Alan

aaronp

Postby aaronp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi Alan,

Just FYI, we have generated a publically available out-of-band snapshot. Also, if you have not already been notified, we are moving our data updates system, the WURFL Snapshot Generator, to data.scientiamobile.com. These changes will increase security, performance, reduce the risk of downtime, and make room for new products.

If you have a firewall in place to allow communications with our servers, then your IT team will need to modify those rules to use our new IP address by December 14th.

New IP Address for WURFL Updates: 70.42.150.248

The transition to the new IP Address will become final between 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM US Eastern Time on December 14, 2015. During this window WURFL.xml data updates may be inaccessible. After the maintenance has concluded, updates will be accessible only via the new URL.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications or have any concerns.

Aaron