Tizen UA detected as a feature phone. Expected behaviour?

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
kjatin

Tizen UA detected as a feature phone. Expected behaviour?

Postby kjatin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:17 am

The following UA is detected as a feature phone (not smartphone). Is this expected behaviour? Tizen OS is available on modern devices as far as my knowledge goes. Can you please confirm if this is the desired behaviour.

UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Tizen 2.4; SAMSUNG SM-Z200F) AppleWebKit/537.3 (KHTML, like Gecko)

amark

Re: Tizen UA detected as a feature phone. Expected behaviour?

Postby amark » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:21 am

Hi Jatin,

This is expected behavior for our is_smartphone capability. Although I can not promise any change, I see your point about Tizen OS being available to modern devices and will talk to my engineers about this issue. In the mean time if you are interested in a patch file that will return Tizen devices as true for our is_smartphone capability feel free to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best,

Amar
Mobile Data Analyst
ScienitaMobile

kjatin

Postby kjatin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:17 am

Can you share an ETA for confirming this with your engineers. Based on that we would need a patch or wait for the update.

amark

Postby amark » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:17 am

Hi Jatin

I am actually out of the office this week but I have opened up a support ticket for you where our support team can help answer your questions as well as generate a patch file. If you have any questions please feel free to reply to that ticket.

https://scientiamobile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,

Amar
Mobile Data Analyst
ScientiaMobile

aaronp

Postby aaronp » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi Jatin,

While I do not currently have an ETA, I will provide an update as soon I have an update regarding Tizen OS availability to modern devices.

Also, I will send the patch file through email so please keep an eye out for that.

Thanks,

Aaron

kjatin

Postby kjatin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 am

Any updates here?

aaronp

Postby aaronp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:16 am

Hi Jatin,

While I can confirm that the change will be implemented in the next API release, I do not have an ETA at the moment. I will surely check in with you as soon as it is released. Also, if you would like to receive announcements regarding API releases, data changes, etc., you may do so by signing up here: https://www.scientiamobile.com/page/enewsletter

Thanks,

Aaron