Getting Logical Resolution

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
tq2production

Getting Logical Resolution

Postby tq2production » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:39 pm

I feel like this is a pretty simple question, but I'm having trouble figuring it out. I want to determine the logical resolution of devices, such as the iPad. I am currently using the resolution_width property, which gives me a value of 1536. I assumed I could use the density_class property to find the Pixel Density of the iPad, and calculate its logical resolution of 1024. However, for all of the iOS devices that I have tried, I am getting "1.0" from the density_class property, so this doesn't seem useful for calculating the logical resolution. How can I determine the device's logical resolution using WURFL capabilities?

amark

Re: Getting Logical Resolution

Postby amark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi Niranjan,

Due to the actual device model information not being in the user agent string and iOS being available on multiple device models, it is exceedingly difficult to identify a specific iOS model from just the user agent string. For this reason both the resolution and density_class capabilities supports the lowest specced devices running that OS version. We do have a product called WURFL.js that is able to identify Apple models as well as their resolution. However density class is not available for that platform. If you have any questions feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Best,

Amar