Chrome detected as 'Generic web browser' using Java API

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
elrichar

Chrome detected as 'Generic web browser' using Java API

Postby elrichar » Wed May 02, 2012 10:59 am

Using the Java API 1.4.0.1.jar
Configured with EngineTarget.accuracy (tried both programmatically as well as through wurfl-config.xml)
Using the wurfl xml file from our customer account link dated 4/29/12

Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE all are detected as expected

Problem: The current version of Chrome is detected as 'Generic web browser'
The user agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19

kamermans

Re: Chrome detected as 'Generic web browser' using Java API

Postby kamermans » Wed May 02, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for the message, we are looking into this now. In the meantime, do you know if this started when you updated the data, or the API?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

elrichar

Postby elrichar » Wed May 02, 2012 11:54 am

I did both simultaneously. I've had this on the back burner waiting for the official licensing, and now when I fired it up again this morning I got the latest code and wurfl.xml and found this in my initial testing.

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Wed May 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Ok, we'll get to the bottom of it and get back to you ASAP.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

luca.passani

Postby luca.passani » Thu May 03, 2012 2:26 pm

elrichar wrote:I did both simultaneously. I've had this on the back burner waiting for the official licensing, and now when I fired it up again this morning I got the latest code and wurfl.xml and found this in my initial testing.
The engineering team could not reproduce the problem.

Can you please send me an email at luca @ scientiamobile[...]. I will put you directly in contact with one of the Java engineers to get to the end of this.

Thank you

Luca

elrichar

Postby elrichar » Thu May 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Go figure - I saw your message about not being able to re-create this problem and decided to deploy to our QA server to make sure it wasn't something strange on my box. It works fine in QA. I still can't figure out why this is happening locally, but I'm not going to spend more time on it right now unless it happens in subsequent environments. Thanks for the quick follow up.