Issues with IE 9

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
barrett

Issues with IE 9

Postby barrett » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Hello all,
We have an older version of WURFL and all of a sudden IE 9 breaks my home page which I use WURFL to detect whether the user is using a mobile device. I have added IE 9 to the web patches xml; but it is still not working. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Barrett-

sm_support2

Re: Issues with IE 9

Postby sm_support2 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Barrett

Can you please provide more information?

offending UA string. API user. wurfl.xml version and web patch version.

Thanks

barrett

Postby barrett » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Hello,

The version of the wurfl.xml is:

Code: Select all

<ver>www.wurflpro.com - 2010-09-09 04:08:06</ver>
    <last_updated>Thu Sep 09 04:13:16 -0500 2010</last_updated>
There really is no offending UA string that I can tell, I get a "The website cannot display the page" error when I view the page in which wurfl is being used via IE 9. Works like a dream in all other version of IE, as well as any other browser.

When it comes to the API user, where would I find that info? Is that in the wurfl.xml? Or somewhere else. Sorry, this is the first time I have worked with wurfl, as the previous developer that is no longer working here was maintaining it. And as you can guess, no documentation : (.

Thanks for your help on this,

-Barrett-

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:57 pm

At a minimum you will need to update your WURFL.XML and web browsers patch. There are probably a lot of other devices and/or browsers that are being incorrectly identified.

Which API or at least what language are you using?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

barrett

Postby barrett » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 pm

We are using the PHP API.

Thanks for your help on this,

-Barrett-

barrett

Postby barrett » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello all,
Does anyone have any idea on how I should proceed in fixing this issue with IE 9? I grabbed the most recent version of the wurfl.xml and updated the web_browsers_patch.xml to include IE 9, still blows up when I view the home page via IE 9.

Any help would be most appreciated,

-Barrett-

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:29 am

Since the WURFL.XML web patch are updated, it must be the API that is causing the issue. You will need to update it with the current PHP API.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!