Tablet Detection

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
20pictures

Re: Tablet Detection

Postby 20pictures » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 am

I've added the Jelly Bean UA for GT-N8010 to the WURFL DB. You should see it in this weekend's WURFL.xml snapshot onwards. If you use WURFL Cloud, it should be in the next WURFL device database refresh.
I am using the WURFL Cloud. When the Samsung GT-8010 (Galaxy Note 10.1) goes to http://tools.scientiamobile.com/ the result is correct.
However, when I access my website it is still seen as a mobile phone, even though I have cleared the cache.

Are we still waiting for the WURFL Cloud update & does http://tools.scientiamobile.com/ use a different resource?

sriram

Postby sriram » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi,

The WURFL Cloud and the WURFL.xml file snapshots[which powers tools.scientiamobile.com] are independent of each other. The WURFL Cloud device database is usually updated on a weekly or a slightly longer interval. There is an update that will occur for WURFL Cloud today and you should see the changes later today.

Cheers!
Sriram Sridharan

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 am

The cloud service was updated earlier today and I can confirm that the UA you are referring to is being detected properly.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

20pictures

Postby 20pictures » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 am

Yes, working well ...thanks! Good to know your Tools use a different DB... you may want to mention that on the Tools page?

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 am

Indeed, we should certainly have a note about that. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

nikeeta

Postby nikeeta » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:59 am

I had added two capabilities one is is_wireless_device and another is is_tablet..It does not give me the result of is_tablet..plz give me reply what i have to do??

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 pm

There is up to a 5-minute delay in changing your capabilities in the WURFL Cloud control panel, and seeing the new capabilities in the responses from the cloud service. You should also verify that your code is not specifically requesting is_wireless_device and not is_tablet, as that would be another reason you do not get the capability back.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile