Wrong resolution width and height

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
lacausa

Wrong resolution width and height

Postby lacausa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi,

I am using the Wurfl Cloud and I have wrong results when I get the resolution_width and resolution_height. For example, with a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro I get width = 240 and height = 320, but the real resolution is width = 320 and height = 480. And I have this problem with others smartphones..

Can you help me please?

kamermans

Re: Wrong resolution width and height

Postby kamermans » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 pm

We will take a look at the issue and try to determine the cause of the inaccurate data. In the meantime, can you please post any other similar issues you're having in this thread so we can keep track of the context.

Also, can you tell me which cloud client you are using (Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc)?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

lacausa

Postby lacausa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks for your answer..

I am using PHP and I have problems with this smartphone too:
- Iphone 4: I get width = 320, height = 480 and the real resolution is width = 640 and height = 960

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:02 pm

With regards to the iPhone 4, Apple has gone to great lengths to ensure people can't detect the different hardware versions, and as a result, we give the lowest common resolution for the iPhone (and the iPad).

With regards to the Xperia X10 Mini Pro, I see a few devices marketed with that name:

http://www.tera-wurfl.com/explore/searc ... ch+Devices

Some of these have a resolution of 240x320 and others have 320x480 - do you have the user agent of the specific device in question?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:11 pm

this is a known issue with the iOS. Apple has chosen to hide any information about the underlying device in the HTTP request. This is not a WURFL issue, it is an issue with any framework or even manual analysis of an HTTP request.

You should complain to Apple for this. We chose to add conservative values in the profile, in order to serve all devices. Also consider that it's 640 physical pixels, but 320 virtual pixels (AKA CSS pixels).

As an aside, I heard that Apple is introducing image sets in iOS6. This will allow you to provide multiple versions of the same picture and the browser will pick the right one:

image-set()

for ex:

image-set(url('url1') 1x, url('url2') 2x)

jinju

Postby jinju » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:17 am

Sony Ericsson K530 has the resolution of 176 x 220 pixels. But when retrieve through wurfl api(wurfl-2.3.2.zip) , it shows as 240 x 320.
The change of resolution badly affect our device targetting application. Please solve as soon as possible.

sriram

Postby sriram » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:09 am

jinju wrote:Sony Ericsson K530 has the resolution of 176 x 220 pixels. But when retrieve through wurfl api(wurfl-2.3.2.zip) , it shows as 240 x 320.
The change of resolution badly affect our device targetting application. Please solve as soon as possible.
Thank you for letting us know about the issue. It has been fixed and should be in this weekend's WURFL snapshot.

Cheers!
Sriram Sridharan