Opera mobile device detect

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
shajahan

Opera mobile device detect

Postby shajahan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:35 am

i am using php,mysql for mobile project using wurfl

when i am using opera mobile to detect device , it doesn't show the mobile name instead of it is showing generic[/b ] and model name show Anroid 2.2

how solve this problem

pls help me

kamermans

Re: Opera mobile device detect

Postby kamermans » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am

I would expect to see something like generic_opera_mobi, or the correct device. Can you paste your user-agent, or visit http://db.scientiamobile.com/h from your phone and fill out the form?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

sm_support2

Re: Opera mobile device detect

Postby sm_support2 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 am

Please post the exact request and we will help you, but in general, installing and using Opera Mobile will give you a browser that hides device identity behind a UA string such as the following:

Opera/9.80 (Android 4.0.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1207201819; U; en) Presto/2.10.254 Version/12.00

Nor is any other header provided to reveal a device make and model.

There is not a lot that you can do, except complaining with Opera (the company). Alternatively, you can let Opera user get a generic (and sub-optimal) experience. This will make users find Opera Mobile unattractive and convince Opera to pull themselves together and do things right for themselves and their users.

Thanks