not getting all capabilities (1.4.4.0)

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
plkilroy

not getting all capabilities (1.4.4.0)

Postby plkilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:19 am

Since updating to .net 1.4.4.0 release I'm not returning some capabilities (same code was working in 1.4.3.1). I am using as an MVC project and built a simple capabilities test and this is the result for: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3, tested on a number of UAs.

Code: Select all

var cap = WurflLoader.WurflManager.GetDeviceForRequest(Request.UserAgent);
            Capability objCapabilty = new Capability();
            objCapabilty.A = cap.GetCapability("device_os");
            objCapabilty.B = cap.GetCapability("is_tablet");
            objCapabilty.C = cap.GetCapability("xhtml_support_ level"); //*empty
            objCapabilty.D = cap.GetCapability("preferred_markup");
            objCapabilty.E = cap.GetCapability("html_preferred_ dtd"); //*empty
            objCapabilty.F = cap.GetCapability("xhtmlmp_preferred_ mime_type"); //*empty

return View(objCapabilty);
A: iOS
B: false
C:
D: html_web_4_0
E:
F:

sm_support2

Re: not getting all capabilities (1.4.4.0)

Postby sm_support2 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:26 am

Hello,

I think you have some extra whitespaces in the names of the capabilities...

plkilroy

Postby plkilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Well spotted! I really need to get more sleep, did not not spot that. As I mentioned that was a test script, I'm still not able to update to 1.4.4.0 without it affecting my routing, which was all fine. I have bit of work a head of me. Thanks P

plkilroy

Postby plkilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 pm

OK I think I have got it. there has been a change in the way device_os capabilities returns iPhone OS, As above the iPhone UA returns device_os as iOS (this is what is blowing up my code). I guess the work around is to use the model_name capability instead. P

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Indeed, iPhone OS was changed to iOS a few months ago in order to align with the current Apple naming convention. We sent out a notification stressing this change, but it's possible that you did not receive it. I can give you the link to sign up for these alerts, although everyone that has a ScientiaMobile.com account already receives them.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!