BB Z10 not detected by api

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
Osiris

BB Z10 not detected by api

Postby Osiris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 am

Hi,

We are running version 1.4.4 of the WURFL API downloaded to our .Net project using Nuget. and the latest definition file (August 11, 2013) and yet the following user agent is not being detected:

Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1720 Mobile Safari/537.10+

The testing box on the scientiamobile site does correctly detect the device though. Please can you check why this would be happening.

Thanks

sriram

Re: BB Z10 not detected by api

Postby sriram » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:48 am

Hi Ryan,

I tried to replicate the issue on our end using the WURFL .NET API 1.4.4 and last weekend's WURFL.xml snapshot but the User Agent you supplied seems to be correctly detected. Could you let us know if you are using WURFL in a custom setup, eg. with custom patch files etc. ?

Thanks and cheers!
Sriram Sridharan

Osiris

Re: BB Z10 not detected by api

Postby Osiris » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 am

Thanks for the help sriram,

It looks like this was not a WURFL problem by rather a MVC/ WebAPI problem. The useragent was being URL Decoded twice thereby removing the + in the middle of the user agent string. This then caused WURFL to not be able to detect the device. The reason that we thought it was WURFL was because other devices were still being detected, I guess the rule set is more 'lenient' on the other devices than the BB10. :)