"is_full_desktop" question

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
psyma

"is_full_desktop" question

Postby psyma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:57 am

Dear all,

we need further information on the variable "is_full_desktop", since the documentation doesn't provide all necessary information we are looking for.
The documentation states the following:

User-Agent (i.e. HTTP Client requesting the content) is a fully-fledged Desktop web-browser with access to physical QWERTY keyboard and mouse (mobile devices, consoles, smart-tvs and more or less advanced tablets are excluded from this category)

Question:
What EXACTLY means "access to" in this case?

a) is the variable set to "true" if there actually IS a keyboard & mouse detected or
b) is the variable set to "true" if there are just connections / ports available for a keyboard & mouse (like on a Laptop)?

Elliotfehr

Re: "is_full_desktop" question

Postby Elliotfehr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 am

The virtual capability "is_full_desktop" (an alias for the standard capability "ux_full_desktop") will return true when the user-agent comes from a desktop browser. WURFL is unable to deduce the connected peripherals for a desktop device because the user-agent string does not contain this information. For example, a tablet (such as the Microsoft Surface Pro) will return true for the "ux_full_desktop" capability since it is a full fledged desktop OS and browser.

Thank you,

Elliot