Unable to Detect Chrome desktop Version

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
Mangalaganesh

Unable to Detect Chrome desktop Version

Postby Mangalaganesh » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello,

I am using the 1.5.2.1 version WURFL.xml file in my solution.when navigated through the chrome Desktop browser the WURFL file detected it to be a Mobile device and redirects to the mobile version of the site in full desktop browser.

The user Agent I get on my browser is 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.101 Safari/537.36"

Is this a known issue. If so please redirect me to the that post.

Thanks.

sriram

Re: Unable to Detect Chrome desktop Version

Postby sriram » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi Mangala Ganesh,

What language and version of the WURFL API and what date of the WURFL.xml file are you using? The User-Agent appears to be detected properly with the newest API version (1.5.2) and the latest WURFL.xml file.

Thanks,
Sriram Sridharan

Mangalaganesh

Postby Mangalaganesh » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello Sriram,

I am using the API provided by 51 Degrees Mobile Experts Limited - Version 0.1.11.10 using C#.NET.

The WURFL.xml version used is 1.5.2 which i download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wurfl/files/.

Let me know if you need additional details.

Thanks

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Mangalaganesh,

51 degrees is not our product. We can only suggest that you become a customer and obtain access to a great API and weekly updates to the device database served to you directly though the personal customer vault. This will fix your problem.

You can start here: http://www.scientiamobile.com/license

Thanks

Mangalaganesh

Postby Mangalaganesh » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Thanks.. I dont think the problem is in the API i am using, instead In the WURFL.XML i dont find a section with the user Agent string that detects the chrome browser as desktop browser :Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.101 Safari/537.36.

Instead i only see the User Agent to be like "Chrome" or "Chrome/0" etc ...

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

sriram

Postby sriram » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi Mangala Ganesh,

The WURFL.xml file is designed to work alongside the logic in the WURFL API to provide accurate detection. In this case, when the WURFL API processes the Chrome user agent, it is able to pick out the correct device ID from the WURFL.xml file, as evidenced in my screenshot a few posts above. This also means that the WURFL.xml file need not necessarily contain the exact user agent that is passed through the API.

You are using a third party API that unfortunately does not contain this logic and hence is unable to detect the user agent successfully.

Thanks,
Sriram Sridharan

Mangalaganesh

Postby Mangalaganesh » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Hello Sriram,

I am trying to use the WURFL .NET API (source Code version) to replace my third party reference. However when I download the source code from Sourceforge the Demo projects are not available.Could you please point me to the correct location where I can download the full source code of the latest WURFL .NET API ?

Thanks

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:55 am

Mangalaganesh,

The sample projects are available here in the Samples directory.

Feel free to let me know if you have any issues locating it.

Thank you,

Elliot