mac user agent resolving to a toshiba folio

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
matt cooper

mac user agent resolving to a toshiba folio

Postby matt cooper » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 am

With the 2.2 wufl database without any patches installed I have noticed that one of the user agents for a mac is being categorised as a Toshiba folio.

The request user agent is
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50

The data I get back from wurfl is as follows.

User-agent = Mozilla/5.0 (Linux;U;Linux2.6; it-it; TSB_CLOUD_COMPANION;FOLIO_AND_A) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML,like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17
Id = toshiba_folio100_ver1

I have tried installing the web browser’s patch, which seems to fix this issue as wurlf returns the following data

User agent = Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Safari/525
Id = safari_525_mac_osx

But with the patch installed the “is_wireless_device“ attribute is always false no matter which user-agent I use, we use this attribute to switch between stadnard pc sites and

Has anyone else seen this ?

kamermans

Re: mac user agent resolving to a toshiba folio

Postby kamermans » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:39 pm

That is very strange indeed - what API and version are you using?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

GlynnPhillips

Postby GlynnPhillips » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:00 pm

I am having this same issue using WURF 2.2 downloaded form here http://sourceforge.net/projects/wurfl/files/WURFL/2.2/

Only occurs when using Safari, works fine in chrome and firefox.

Thank
Glynn

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Can you [both] please tell me what API you are using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem? It's working fine with the Database API.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

matt cooper

Postby matt cooper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 am

sorry i have not posted a reply, the api is the latest version 1.3.1.1. i downloaded the api at the same time as i downloaded the database so they should be in line. I have also updated the the latest database which on its own still has the same issue but if i installed the latest web browser patch the issue with the is_wireless_device seems to be fixed.

i have a simple stand alone java application which i can run a sample of our user agents logs over, which spits out a | separated text file with things like the brand, os, etc. it uses spring to load the wurlf manager just like our live websites.

i can post the src and a sample of the input file, or just zip it all up if it will help find the cause