Problem in detecting some UAs

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
vcapuano

Problem in detecting some UAs

Postby vcapuano » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 pm

I am using WurflCloudClient-PHP-2.0.1-Simple and in the last few weeks I am receiving this message:

Wurfl: could not resolve this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/600.8.9 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Wurfl: could not resolve this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko)

Is this a problem with the library? It has been working very well for the last 6 months.

Thanks
Vincenzo

Elliotfehr

Re: Problem in detecting some UAs

Postby Elliotfehr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Vincenzo,

Are you able to provide me with the full stack trace of the error that you are receiving? I would also recommend upgrading to the latest version of the cloud client (2.0.3) available for download here and see if the issue persists after upgrading.

Thank you,

Elliot

vcapuano

Postby vcapuano » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi Elliot,

I upgraded to 2.0.3 but still get the error:
Wurfl: could not resolve this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_3) AppleWebKit/600.5.17 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Wurfl: could not resolve this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/600.8.9 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Wurfl: could not resolve this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Wurfl: could not resolve this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20060127 Netscape/8.1
Wurfl: could not resolve this UA: Mozilla/4.0(compatible; MSIE 7.0b; Windows NT 6.0)

I do not know how to make a stack trace unfortunately, but if you need it just please tell me how to do it and I wil do it.

Thanks
Vincenzo

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Vincenzo,

From what I can see, this message is being produced simply because these are desktop devices. The WURFL cloud service will not attempt to match desktop devices to ensure optimal performance. Our on-premise installations of the WURFL API do allow for desktop devices to be matched when running our APIs under high accuracy mode.

Thank you,

Elliot

vcapuano

Postby vcapuano » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:16 am

Elliot,

so there is no way from the cloud service to get them?

Thanks
Vincenzo

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Vincenzo,

This is correct at the moment. The WURFL Cloud service has not previously attempted to match desktop devices. Are you able to let me know where this error is being generated, as I am having a difficult time locating where the PHP Client will emit this message?

Thank you,

Elliot