Slight differences between advertised_browser_version

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
trickydee

Slight differences between advertised_browser_version

Postby trickydee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi, we've noticed slight differences in the advertised_browser_version between the Cloud API (1.5.0.2) and the output of the Wurfl Java API (1.6.3.0, zip fetched around 2015-10-25)

WURFL Clound API

Code: Select all

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Capabilities:
    "is_wireless_device":false
    "is_mobile":false
    "is_tablet":false
    "device_os":""
    "device_os_version":""
    "physical_screen_width":400
    "physical_screen_height":400
    "advertised_browser":"Firefox"
    "advertised_browser_version":"26.014462185993"
Internal implementation with a wrapped Wurfl Java API 1.6.3.0

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Capabilities:
    "is_wireless_device":false
    "is_mobile":false
    "is_tablet":false
    "device_os":""
    "device_os_version":""
    "physical_screen_width":400
    "physical_screen_height":400
    "advertised_browser":"Firefox"
    "advertised_browser_version":"26.014462186133"
Can we have some hints as to why these two differ for the same identical header?
Thanks,
Willaim Hill

Elliotfehr

Re: Slight differences between advertised_browser_version

Postby Elliotfehr » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:02 am

Hello

I am having some difficulty replicating the results that you are experiencing in both implementations. When testing this capability against the same version of the Java API and wurfl.xml in both high accuracy and high performance mode, I receive an `advertised_browser_version` of `26.0`, which is also the same result that I receive back from the WURFL cloud. Are you able to test against the WURFL Cloud using your API and the curl command below and paste the results?

curl -u 123456:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -A 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0' http://api.wurflcloud.com/v1/json

trickydee

Postby trickydee » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:31 am

Elliotfehr wrote:Hello

I am having some difficulty replicating the results that you are experiencing in both implementations. When testing this capability against the same version of the Java API and wurfl.xml in both high accuracy and high performance mode, I receive an `advertised_browser_version` of `26.0`, which is also the same result that I receive back from the WURFL cloud. Are you able to test against the WURFL Cloud using your API and the curl command below and paste the results?

curl -u 123456:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -A 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0' http://api.wurflcloud.com/v1/json
Hi, thanks for coming back to us so quickly. Our tester will prepare a couple of them on Monday.

trickydee

Postby trickydee » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:30 pm

We think we actually had an issue with the test and on further investigation all seems fine. Thanks.
trickydee wrote:
Elliotfehr wrote:Hello

Hi, thanks for coming back to us so quickly. Our tester will prepare a couple of them on Monday.