Data type for advertised_device_os_version changed in WURFL?

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
medicom

Data type for advertised_device_os_version changed in WURFL?

Postby medicom » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:32 am

Hi,

Please advise if data type returned by WURFL Cloud api for advertised_device_os_version has changed recently. We have an issue with detecting Windows OS versions such as 7 and 10, and current payload looks like:

Code: Select all

"advertised_device_os":"Windows","advertised_device_os_version":7
While there is no strict definition of data type for this capability in API specs, seems that previously it was returned as string, but now it is integer.

Thank you.

aaronp

Re: Data type for advertised_device_os_version changed in WU

Postby aaronp » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:47 am

Hi Medicom,

I have not heard of any changes made to the data type for the advertised_device_os_version for the Cloud API; however, I will check in with my engineering team to get a confirmation for you (it may not be until Monday due to the holidays). In the meantime, please feel free to send us any specific Windows 7/10 user agent strings you are having trouble detecting.

Thanks,

Aaron

medicom

Postby medicom » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:22 am

Hi Aaron,

We don't have issues with detecting the OS version as such, instead it is related to the data type returned. Our software relies on string type in this case so that the data type is not casted properly in our software.
We are also working on making our SW more robust in regards WURFL API integration, but so far any change to data type returned causes some issues on our end.

I'm looking forward to your feedback if anything was changed recently.

Examples of User-Agents below:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.71 Safari/537.36

aaronp

Postby aaronp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Medicom,

I wanted to touch base with you to let you know that we see what you are saying with the advertised_device_os_version virtual capability returning an integer as opposed to a string and are working on the issue. I will check back in with you as soon as I have an update from my engineering team.

Thanks,

Aaron

medicom

Postby medicom » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:06 am

Thank you, looking forward to more updates.