iPhone Model Detection

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
zagginc

iPhone Model Detection

Postby zagginc » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:39 am

We just purchased a business license and I've implemented detection on our staging site and made sure that it is listed in our allowed domains. When I visit our site on any iPhone I'm getting the same model name for different models. They all return "Apple iPhone". I need to know the version number for example: "Apple iPhone 6s", "Apple iPhone 5".

Thanks.

aaronp

Re: iPhone Model Detection

Postby aaronp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:51 am

Hi Doug,

I noticed you were using WURFL.js. Are you able to provide some sample user agents? We will look into the issue and check back in as soon as possible.

Also, for future reference, please feel free to email support@scientiamobile.com and a ticket will be created for you.

Thanks,

Aaron

zagginc

Re: iPhone Model Detection

Postby zagginc » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 pm

This is one of the user agent strings:

"Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14A456 Safari/602.1"

We were getting a JS error but WURFL was still returning a device name just not the one expected. The error seems to be a conflict with prototypes each function and so when we removed prototype from our installation we got back the correct and full device name. We are not able to remove prototype as a fix however.