Detection fail for "Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0)..."

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
sam@WU2013
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:09 am

Detection fail for "Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0)..."

Postby sam@WU2013 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 am

We are using latest https://data.scientiamobile.com/xxxxx/wurfl.zip till today

We are using

Code: Select all

PHP 5.3.3, 
wurfl/wurfl-api: "1.7.1.1"
I realize with such setup, WURFL fail to perform detection on the following agent string

Code: Select all

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.14
The result I get is

Code: Select all

advertised_browser              // null
advertised_browser_version      // null
advertised_device_os            // null
advertised_device_os_version    // null
form_factor                     // Desktop
I did a quick test on other agent string like

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; Nexus 4 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36
The result I get is

Code: Select all

advertised_browser              // Chrome Mobile
advertised_browser_version      // 34.0.1847.114
advertised_device_os            // Android
advertised_device_os_version    // 4.4.2
form_factor                     // Smartphone
May I know it does work for "Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.14"

The capabilities which I enable are

Code: Select all

    - "advertised_browser"
    - "advertised_browser_version"
    - "advertised_device_os"
    - "advertised_device_os_version"
    - "cookie_support"
    - "form_factor"

    - "device_os"
    - "device_os_version"
    - "is_tablet"
    - "is_wireless_device"
    - "pointing_method"
    - "preferred_markup"
    - "resolution_height"
    - "resolution_width"
    - "ux_full_desktop"
    - "xhtml_support_level"
    - "is_smarttv"
    - "can_assign_phone_number"
    - "brand_name"
    - "model_name"
    - "marketing_name"
    - "mobile_browser_version"

david
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:54 am

Re: Detection fail for "Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0)..."

Postby david » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:19 pm

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. It looks like the specific user-agent you are looking at is an older Opera Browser that is a bit different than what is commonly used. There is usually some extra information after the device OS information, so our API improperly detected the virtual capabilities you were looking at.

I've talked to our data team and they said that they will work on a fix that will be available in the next API release.

You should already be receiving emails whenever a new version is released, but in case you wanted to add another email to receive announcements, you can sign up here.

Thanks again.

Best,
David


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests