Documentation

Questions about our enterprise "in the network" WURFL components
danjackson

Documentation

Postby danjackson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 am

Hi,

Some of the device capabilities that I can see in our wurfl.xml file, eg density_class & ajax_touch_events, aren't documented at http://www.scientiamobile.com/wurflCapability - or anywhere else that I can find.

Can you tell me when these will be documented?

Thanks

kamermans

Re: Documentation

Postby kamermans » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 pm

It sounds like you got a WURFL file directly from us, and that file contained proposed capabilities which are not yet available to the general public. These capabilities are not yet documented and are not included in public WURFL releases or in the WURFL files that you retrieve from your customer vault. If you have a particular interest in a new capability, however, we are always happy to hear from you.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

danjackson

Postby danjackson » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:56 am

Thanks Steve, & yes, we got the file directly from you. We would certainly be interested in both of the device capabilities that I asked about - particularly density_class, given that the 'srcset' image attribute isn't yet supported.

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Dan, I think the time has come for us to separate the capabilities found in the community WURFL from the one that are offered to our commercial customers.

Please give us a few days and you will find the new capabilities in the snapshot in your customer vault.

Thanks