Detection iPhone 5 SE

For those who like to stay on the client
qrahaman

Detection iPhone 5 SE

Postby qrahaman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:36 am

Hello,

On an iPhone 5 SE, the detected device name is "Apple iPhone" which is not specific enough (checked at an Apple Store this past weekend). I have not checked any other iPhone 5's.

However, the correct device name is displayed on an iPhone 6S and iPhone 6 Plus.

I would be happy to return to an Apple Store to verify resolution.

Cheers,

Quint

aaronp

Re: Detection iPhone 5 SE

Postby aaronp » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi Quint,

Thank you for letting us know. I have notified my engineering team about this behavior and will follow up with you as soon as I receive an update. In the meantime, are you able to let me know which OS version the iPhone SE was running?

Thanks,

Aaron

qrahaman

Postby qrahaman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 pm

aaronp wrote:Hi Quint,

Thank you for letting us know. I have notified my engineering team about this behavior and will follow up with you as soon as I receive an update. In the meantime, are you able to let me know which OS version the iPhone SE was running?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hello Aaron,

I was at an Apple Store when I tested it. Given that, the iOS version should be the latest, 9.3.3.

aaronp

Postby aaronp » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi Quint,

We were unable to find any issues dealing with iOS 9.3.3 However, we are currently working to resolve some issues, similar to what you are seeing, for iOS 10. If you have any details or information for the iPhone SE in question, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

Aaron