has_qwerty_keyboard

I don't get it, <device> X has no capabilities in it!!!!
OLWu1

has_qwerty_keyboard

Postby OLWu1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 am

Hello

Regarding the has_qwerty_keyboard capabilities, I think the name is bad.

For exemple, what value will you put if the phone have a chinese complete keyboard, or and azerty one ?

has_real_keyboard would make more sence, or even better : has_real_full_keyboard

kamermans

Re: has_qwerty_keyboard

Postby kamermans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:48 am

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I admit that the "has_qwerty_keyboard" capability is a little misleading. The capability indicates the presence of a keyboard, either physical or on-screen that displays its keys in the QWERTY layout. In the case of a Chinese keyboard (or any non-QWERTY keyboard), this should be false.

We've long debated the need for something like "has_physical_keyboard", and the only real reason this has not been introduced is that we have not heard any good arguments for how developers will actually use it. If this capability would be helpful for you, can you please explain what you would use it for?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

OLWu1

Postby OLWu1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:57 am

Hello,

I don't need this function, but I need to know if there is a keyboard, whatever the langage, available.

For french people, it will be an azerty one.
So I expect your value to be false, but I'm not sure of that...

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am

OK. We will start planning for an has_physical_keyboard property in the future. Cannot commit to a precise date yet. Sometime Q4 seems reasonable.