Iphone 6 and wurfl.xml

I don't get it, <device> X has no capabilities in it!!!!
gil shoshan

Iphone 6 and wurfl.xml

Postby gil shoshan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:07 am

hi, im trying to read the iphone 6 data from the xml, and all the UA i have starting with "DO_NOT_MATCH_*" what is this mean ? is wurfl can detect iphone 6 ? (without wurfl.js)

thanks!

aaronp

Re: Iphone 6 and wurfl.xml

Postby aaronp » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Gil,

Due to the actual device model information not being in the user agent string and iOS versions being available on multiple models, it is exceedingly difficult to identify a specific iOS model from just the user agent string. However, in a limited set of circumstances, we can identify the iOS device using an optional model identifier that is present in the User-Agent string.

Apart from this scenario, we have other products that can perform device model level detection on iOS strings that leverage these device profiles to provide device information, eg. WURFL.io.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Aaron

riaan.hanekom

Postby riaan.hanekom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:32 am

Hi Aaron

I have exactly the same problem but I have my device detection host as a service that accepts a user-agent string and I can't really use the JavaScript solution.
What can you suggest for this scenario.

Regards

aaronp

Postby aaronp » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Riaan,

At the moment, the JavaScript solution is the only available solution in regards to consistent iPhone model detection. While I currently cannot make any guarantees, I will surely let you know should anything change.

Thanks,

Aaron