Which capability to use for wallpaper sizes?

Can you add this device?
jimmack

Which capability to use for wallpaper sizes?

Postby jimmack » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:33 am

Hi everyone,

I have been using max_image_width and max_image_height to get the sizes of images to display on devices, but those values aren't quite working any more. Now I need to resize images for wallpapers.

I've tried getting both the wallpaper_max... and wallpaper_preferred... width and height values, but they seem to be 0 for everything I'm trying.

Specifically a Samsung Galaxy A5 with a UA of:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; SAMSUNG SM-A320FL/A320FLXXU1AQF2 Build/MMB29K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) SamsungBrowser/5.4 Chrome/51.0.2704.106 Mobile Safari/537.36

This device has a screen size of 720x1280, but the max_image_width/height is being reported as 320x640 and the wallpaper size values are all 0.

My Firefox browser (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0) returns a max_image_width/height of 320x640 and zeros for the wallpaper size values. Clearly this isn't going to work :-)

Am I using the wrong capabilites, or is there an issue with the database?

Thanks.

Jim.

aaronp

Re: Which capability to use for wallpaper sizes?

Postby aaronp » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out. I see what you are saying and, in this case, the capabilities you will want to use are the resolution_width and resolution_height capabilities (will return 720x1280 for the provided UA).

Do note that if you are using the free version of WURFL Cloud, these capabilities will not be available. If you are interested in trialing a full copy of any of our APIs - including the full version of WURFL Cloud - please feel free to reach out to our sales team at sales@scientiamobile.com

Thanks,

Aaron

jimmack

Postby jimmack » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:09 am

Ah. Thanks Aaron :-)

My client has the account, so I'll have to get him to update the capabilities again. I'll assume that for now, we can discard the wallpaper capabilities.

Thanks.

Jim.

jimmack

Postby jimmack » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:48 am

Hi again Aaron,

My client has updated their capabilities settings and I've updated the code to look for the resolution_... capabilities, but I'm getting "Unauthorized Capability".

My client has had an account for quite a long time (since 2013), and has a "Standard" subscription. It looks like you might have changed things up a bit because his allowance doesn't match either of the current account offerings. At the moment, he has 2 million monthly detections and 10 allowed capabilities (4 active).

The account name is "flirtopia"

If you could check to see what's wrong, it would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Jim.

aaronp

Postby aaronp » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:20 am

Hi Jim,

From what I see, we do not have an account with the username "flirtopia". Are you able to send user's email address to support@scientiamobile.com? I'll see if I can find your client's account that way and take a look at the issue.

Thanks,

Aaron