Windows 8 RT Screen Size

Can you add this device?
wtetzner

Windows 8 RT Screen Size

Postby wtetzner » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 am

The Surface has a UA of "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; ARM; Trident/6.0)", which gives back windows_8_rt_ver1.

The physical_screen_height and physical_screen_width of windows_8_rt_ver1 are both 27, and the small screen size is causing consternation with our customers.

I realize that there is no way to tell which device is actually making the request, but I'm wondering if the size could be increased to the minimum size of actual Windows 8 RT devices.

If you think that's not a good idea, is there anything else we can do to make the screen size less surprising for customers?

kamermans

Re: Windows 8 RT Screen Size

Postby kamermans » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

The Surface on my desk has the UA "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; ARM; Trident/6.0; Touch)", but regardless, it is also detected as windows_8_rt_ver1. We will change the screen size to a more reasonable number since Windows RT will presumably only be available on tablets. The smallest Windows RT device I can think of off the top of my head is 10.1", but we will do some checking and update it accordingly. Thanks for the post!
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

kamermans

Re: Windows 8 RT Screen Size

Postby kamermans » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 am

We have updated the entry with the resolution 1366x768 and a screen size of 224x126mm, which is a 10.1" screen. Based on the information we have, this seems to be the lowest common size for a Windows RT tablet. We are, of course, open to re-evaluate the RT landscape later in the year, when there are more samples to pull from.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!