Samsung GT-C3303 3gpp playback or streaming

Can you add this device?
fatihustundag

Samsung GT-C3303 3gpp playback or streaming

Postby fatihustundag » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:16 am

For Samsung GT-C3303, playback_3gpp is false and streaming_3gpp is true. What is the difference?

User-agent : SAMSUNG-GT-C3303i/C3303iJVKB1 NetFront/3.5 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

Elliotfehr

Re: Samsung GT-C3303 3gpp playback or streaming

Postby Elliotfehr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:06 am

We have separated the two capabilities of streaming and local playback of 3gpp media, as some devices (such as the Samsung GT-C3303) can have different playback capabilities depending on whether or not the media is playing locally or streaming. For example, when comparing local playback vs. streaming, it is not uncommon for a device to support different levels of support for different media types. In this case, the Samsung GT-C3303 will only support playback of 3gpp media types when streaming.

Please let us know if you have observed that the capability for this device needs to be updated and we can certainly look into this further.

Thank you,
Elliot

fatihustundag

Postby fatihustundag » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:09 pm

I did not test device but I can explain my case :

My customer has mobile video content site. If user's mobile device supported, user can play 3gpp video. By "play video" we mean that we send content-type header and write out file contents with PHP.

Before playing 3gpp video, php checks mobile device "playback_3gpp" capability from wurfl cloud api.

In this case, should we check "streaming_3gpp" or is checking "playback_3gpp" ok?

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:24 pm

From what you mention, you should check if the device has "playback_3gpp" capabilities since you are simply writing out the file contents with PHP and not using any sort of 3gpp streaming service.

Thank you,

Elliot