chnagelog on wurlf database

Can you add this device?
notalifeform

chnagelog on wurlf database

Postby notalifeform » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:07 am

Hi There,

We're considering to use (tera?)-wurlf for device detection.I noticed that a new version of the wurfl database was released. 2 questions:

1) The last release was 2.5 months ago - is this the expected update frequency in the future? I think that even once a month is a b it low considering the release rate of new devices
2) Is there a way to get a change-log? which devices were added/amended?

regards,

Robert

kamermans

Re: chnagelog on wurlf database

Postby kamermans » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Robert,

The public snapshot is released only periodically, 2-3 months is a good ballpark for public releases. If your company would benefit from more frequent WURFL data snapshots, I would encourage you to license the API commercially (http://www.scientiamobile.com/license). In addition to a commercial license (I'm assuming the AGPL license is a liability for you), you get access to a weekly snapshot of the WURFL Data, licensed to your organization, which you are free to use as you please. We give you your own direct-download URL for the WURFL Data that can be put in the DB API (Tera-WURFL) Configuration for easy updates. We also release out-of-band updates to all of our customers when problems are found in the data, or when new significant devices are added (we've done this twice in the last two weeks).

The changelog is a feature that we are considering for implementation but is not currently available.

Edit: As of 7/25/2016 ScientiaMobile no longer uses AGPL or any other Open Source licensing. Please refer to http://www.scientiamobile.com/page/get- ... elease-1-8 for more information or contact sales
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!