How to get Latest wurlf updates

General question about two step analysis, matchers and other general API questions
wurfluser

How to get Latest wurlf updates

Postby wurfluser » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 am

I have been using wurfl xml for long and came across new license applied on wurfl. We used static wurfl xml in our server to compare devices. But i would like to have latest wurfl xml file in my server, i don't want to do it manually. Is this can be done? What all are the options ?

I'm also aware about the webservices you are going to provide which is still in Beta Stage?

I would be more interested to know about a way to update the wurfl xml file in my server through some process.

Please help me with this.

Thanks in Advance

sm_support2

Re: How to get Latest wurlf updates

Postby sm_support2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:11 am

Hi there,

please contact us through our licensing form:

http://www.scientiamobile.com/license

Among other features, commercial licensees can download weekly updated repositories both manually and programmatically, which would effectively fix your problem.

We are really really close to launching our cloud offering too. If you are seriously interested in it, please write it in the comments and we may have an offer that you'll find interesting.

Thank you

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Assuming you purchase a commercial license, you can setup automatic WURFL snapshot downloads.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

wurfluser

Postby wurfluser » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:46 am

Hi,

I got license now, as per you have said, these are my understanding.

There will be weekly updates on wurfl xml file which can be downloaded manually or through some process concatenating the date.

Other option is direct download link which will have the latest xml file. So whenever a new xml file is released there will be build under a particular date and the direct download link will be always same( once it is generated) which will be updated by you guys internally.

So the thing i have to do is to get the xml file from direct download link through some cron job ? My only requirement for now is to have the latest wurfl xml file.

wurfluser

Postby wurfluser » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 am

Do you have asp.net snippet to download zip file to a specific folder. So that i can periodically execute this to update my existing file

sm_support2

Postby sm_support2 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:42 am

wurfluser wrote:Hi,

I got license now, as per you have said, these are my understanding.
Hi there. As far as we can see, you do not have a commercial license. If you do, please contact us offline with your credentials.

The weekly updates are only available to commercial licensees.

Thank you

wurfluser

Postby wurfluser » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 am

I have license associated with another account :).

wurfluser

Postby wurfluser » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:01 am

I was able to see all periodic update link and direct download link.

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:54 am

Hi wurfluser,

I've added a .NET example for downloading the WURFL file only if it's been updated to the thread here: http://www.scientiamobile.com/forum/vie ... p=404#p404
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

annevarmedia

Postby annevarmedia » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:23 am

I have a question about this as well. I've got this setup on my CentOS 6.6 boxes. My question is do I have to do anything with the zip that is downloaded? Will the process automatically unzip/install the new file? Also, how can I check on the box to see if I have the latest WURFL update file?

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:02 am

Hello,

Here are instructions on setting up automatic downloads for the wurfl.xml. You can set the API to load either the zipped or inflated file when it starts. With the InFuze module for NGINX, the version of the loaded wurfl.xml can be retreived from the WURFL_INFO environment variable.

Thank you,

Elliot