Trouver de la vieille documentation

OLWu1

Trouver de la vieille documentation

Postby OLWu1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:04 am

Bonjour.

Je travaille pour une société qui est cliente pour le fichier wurfl.
Je viens de reprendre le projet qui l'utilise.

J'aurais aimé savoir si il existait un portail avec les anciennes versions de la documentation des API Java ?
Nous utilisons la version 1.0.1 de l'API Java, et j'avoue que j'ai vraiment pas envie de mettre tout ca à jour pour avoir juste de la documentation.(on n'utilise l'api que dans un importeur, donc les performances sont peu importantes...)

Merci,
Pierre

sm_support2

Re: Trouver de la vieille documentation

Postby sm_support2 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 am

Pierre, unfortunately we don't speak french here, but we get the point of your msg. The asnwer is that versions of the WURFL APIs prior to 1.3 are no longer supported.
Also, using such an old version today is basically pointless. The logic to handle Android and (partly) the iPhone is totally missing. Essentially, your customer would be shooting himself in the foot.

Please advise your customer to switch to 1.4. They can download it from the WURFL website and when they have determined it fixed their problem, they can request a commercial license here:

http://www.scientiamobile.com/license

I believe that our european business team also speaks french

Thanks

OLWu1

Postby OLWu1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:23 am

Hello,

Sorry for the french, I'm swithing between it and english all the time at work and I'm doing some mistakes sometimes.

It's bad that there is no documentation... because I don't think I will be able to upgrade my system soon..

As a matter of fact, I don't see any improvment usefull for our needs that would worth to recreate the importer from scratch.
Is there a page where I can find the new function of the new api ? it would help me to check if I can find some information to convince my manager.

We use the wurfl importer ones a month, soon it will be ones a week to update our own internal database, so peformance is not an issue(and now it takes les than 1 minutes to run on a 20 minutes import, so not the priority.)

Pierre

luca.passani

Postby luca.passani » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

Pierre, please write to me offline at luca @ scientiamobile (...) and I will ask one of our Java guys to look specifically at your case and support you.

If you still have the API 1.0 source code, you should be able to generate the JavaDocs and look at the code itself, but I still think that you should upgrade to 1.4.

Anyway, please write to me and I'll get someone to assist you directly.

Thanks

Luca Passani