changing capabilities and wiping cache

hiitsu

changing capabilities and wiping cache

Postby hiitsu » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 am

hi

im just experimenting with free cloud service, using Java API. when im changing the 2 capabilities associated with my API key, it takes long while before i actually get the new capabilities, and not the old ones. in java APi the cache is a protected member in one of the classes and there is no way to set it to null policy? how can I wipe the cache while testing/experimenting?

thanks

kamermans

Re: changing capabilities and wiping cache

Postby kamermans » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 am

We are looking into your question and will respond soon.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

hiitsu

Postby hiitsu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 am

i saw a PHP example somewhere on this forum where you could set nullcacheprovider, but what i checked javadocs its not possible with java api due the lack of method/inheritance possibility to do so.

im wondering if its enough if I just delegate the user-agent header with request? or does it need some other headers/information as well? im just passing user-agent along there atm..

my client will have Squid in front of the app, and im using nodeJS together with WURFL Java API running inside Jetty.

thanks

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 am

We've tried to reproduce the problem, but we are unable to. In our tests, the cache behaves properly. Here's the scenario: 1) A visitor requests your page, 2) A cache cookie is sent with the 2 WURFL capabilities, 3) You change your capabilities on scientiamobile.com, 4) The same visitor visits your page again, 5) the API pulls the WURFL Capabilities from the cache, but realizes the capabilities you need are not present in the cache, so it makes a call to the cloud to retrieve them, and stores them in the Cookie cache.

Note that there is up to a 5-minute delay between you changing your capabilities on our website, and them being available via the cloud service - could this be the delay you are referring to?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

hiitsu

Postby hiitsu » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:33 pm

yes it can. good to know that there is small delay. i was changing parameters few times and saw the change later after doing punch stuff/changes/restarts same time, so i couldnt really say what or how long it took or what did the trick. thanks for fast response.