Couldnt fetch mysqli

emaillenin

Couldnt fetch mysqli

Postby emaillenin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I moved my hosting from one to another. Now I get the following warning.

Warning: mysqli::real_escape_string() [mysqli.real-escape-string]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/library/Tera-WURFL/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php on line 541

I have mysqli installed and enabled in my application
My WURFL Version: http://www.scientiamobile.com - 2011-06-06
My PHP Version - 5.3.5

kamermans

Re: Couldnt fetch mysqli

Postby kamermans » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Can you go to the admin/install.php page in your browser and see if there are any errors? Also, what do you see when you try to updated the database?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

emaillenin

Postby emaillenin » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:51 am

Actually I forgot to create the mysql user, which I identified from the error in the admin page. Now, I have fixed it by creating a mysql user and giving access to the terawurfl database. :)
Now my web application is showing a blank page, will see what this problem is.

kamermans

Postby kamermans » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Usually, when moving the DB API (Tera-WURFL) from one host to another, it is best to completely delete the database tables, this causes the API to recreated them and the stored procedures using new MySQL user's credentials. This is important because only the user that defined the procedures can modify them, or even call them in some cases. This is likely to be the problem, so I would just delete everything including the procedures and go to the admin page, then update the database. Let me know if this resolves the problem.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

emaillenin

Postby emaillenin » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Yes. The problem is resolved by installing Tera-WURFL from the admin page. Thanks.

I have asked for the sample code to the Cloud Beta service here - http://www.scientiamobile.com/forum/vie ... ?f=12&t=40
Yet to get a reply over there.

Myesha

Postby Myesha » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you very much for this information! I changed servers also and had a similar error message. I tried the re-installation as you suggested, and it worked out great! This is a huge relief to me, because I have been wresting with this issue for days now. I was wondering, does anyone here know anything about cloud computing strategy? What is it, and what can you tell me about it? I appreciate your input here!