Problem Updating Wurfl.xml

Limado

Problem Updating Wurfl.xml

Postby Limado » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi there, i'm newbie here.

I've been using wurfl for the past 3 month, (version 1.3.0) and the repository released in july 2011. The thing is that now, i want to update the xml to de August release but every time i try to initialize it i get this message:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in F:\web\opratelmobi\Emiliano\wurfl\WURFL\FileUtils.php on line 86

Every time i do it, the persistence dir, has more files, like if it was making the persistence by steps.
(I appologise about my english, as it is not the best)

To perform the update, i created a new persistence dir (in order to maintain the version that has been working till now) and then modified the wurlf-config.xml pointing the main file to my new wurlf.xml.

I hope i was clear.

bye and thanks for your time.

kamermans

Re: Problem Updating Wurfl.xml

Postby kamermans » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi Limado,

It's fairly unusual for the API to exceed 300 seconds while building the cache. If you are using a shared web host, the problem might be that the file system performance is lower than normal, or throttled, in which case the cache rebuild takes longer than expected.

In the meantime, you can edit the file WURFL/DeviceRepositoryBuilder.php and look for set_time_limit(300); (line 79 in my file), then increase it from 300 to something larger, like 600 (10 minutes). This should get you through the initial cache-building process.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!