Personal Wurfl JS Server

For those who like to stay on the client
btesser

Personal Wurfl JS Server

Postby btesser » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:39 am

I'd like to run my own wurfl.js server. My understanding was that this is an open source project but I checked out the entire wurfl repository and I have been unable to find the server side wurfl.js code. Where can I find this code so I can run a personal wurfl.js server (just for me non-commercial). I'm interested in seeing how it works behind the scenes.

Ben

sm_support2

Re: Personal Wurfl JS Server

Postby sm_support2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:13 am

Hey Ben,

WURFL used to be an open source project years ago, then it became a commercial open-source project based on the AGPL license. The main point was that maintaining WURFL in good shape required the employment of paid personell and resources. A pure open-source approach simply did not allow that. Thanks to the commercial approach, WURFL has a new life and it is a much better product that it used to be.

For most practical purposes, considering WURFL a commercial product is probably your best bet.

We have no plan to release a standalone WURFL server. Significant commercial demand may bring ScientiaMobile to consider the possibility, but it would be offered commercially.

Thanks

Edit: As of 7/25/2016 ScientiaMobile no longer uses AGPL or any other Open Source licensing. Please refer to http://www.scientiamobile.com/page/get- ... elease-1-8 for more information or contact sales